Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Buy my comics, make me rich: CATWOMAN 58

Be sure to get your copy of CATWOMAN #58, which "drops" (as the kids say) today at your local comic book store. Just look for this Adam Hughes cover, which features everyone's favorite mind-wiper wearing her trademark top hat and tails (and not a whole lot else).

Inside, you'll find a one-issue tale revealing what the heck Catwoman does when two bad guys -- Film Freak and Angle Man -- stumble onto her new secret identity. Plus, there's another round in everyone's favorite game, "Who the heck is the father of Catwoman's baby?" -- including this intriguing panel...


Who's she talking about? Is she serious? And what's the deal with all that blood? Sorry kids -- gotta buy the issue to find out. Sue me. I've got a mortgage ... and car payments ... and a daughter ... and a crippling DVD addiction. Hell, it's only three bucks! Less even! (Well, a penny less.)

Oh, and in case you're wondering, the coming next issue blurb is a misprint. We're not really printing the same story and cover again next month. Here's the real skinny on CATWOMAN 59.

7 comments:

Chris Yeoman said...

Oww looks so good and interesting! Comics drop here in England on Thursday's though, so I'll have to wait until then! Looking forward to it!

Shelly said...

Already got it, read it. Loved it. I hate having to wait a whole month for each issue. Easily one of the top comics.

DubipR said...

Hi Will!

This issue was fantastic! This is by far the best of the OYL books. You have a great handle on Selina and her fellow Gothamites. Definitely worth the wait each month.

Looking forward to more....

josh-2 said...

Zatanna just doesn't catch a break, I tell you.

Beyond that, it was a solid issue. I greatly appreciated the spotlight on The Angle Man and some of his backstory, and I know a lot of other fans did as well.

Thanks for the issue, Will. I can't wait to see what terrible situation Holly gets herself into next!

Chris Yeoman said...

This issue was brilliant!! First thing I noticed was how great the art looked, love page 2! As always this was a really good read, I love this title and I wasn't sure if I could reallt get into Catwoman before, but she is a well written character!

OLsg said...

I don't think I am ready to read the next issue.

Anonymous said...

Haven't gotten my copy of the latest Catwoman yet, but I'm gonna sound so 2004 right about now as this website (which I accidentatly stumbled across, isn't that how all of mankind's achievements are achieved?) Just wanted to let you know that I enjoyed your (way to brief) run on Aquaman, it was the first time I ever picked up and bought and read one of his comics and thought "wow, that was awesome." I hope DC comes back to their senses and offer you the Aquaman title once more as Sub Diego was an interesting idea. If not that then at least offer you something else to work on besides Catwoman. I really like the Spectre mini (though I felt it was too short and the plot seemed a bit rushed, no fault of your own I know.) Why weren't you offered to continue writing the Spectre for Tales of the Unexplained??? Blah, blah, ok I've gushed like a school girl enough for one evening. Until later...

From Canada With Love,
Nick

Oh yeah, congrads on your new daughter.